How Long Should Skin Discoloration Last Post Breast Reduction?

I had a reduction in May. Above the incision running along the underside of my breast along my ribs there is still skin discoloration. It looks like a bruise that you have had for about a week. It is brownish green and still isn't gone. Is this normal? Will I have that discoloration forever?

Concerns after Breast Reduction?

+1

Always  best to check with your own plastic surgeon about concerns after surgery. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful diagnosis, treatment recommendations, or reassurance.
Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the  long-term outcome of the breast reduction procedure.

Skin discoloration after surgery

+1

can occur but without photos, it is difficult to comment on this.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and get his/her opinions about what is causing it and if there will be resolution.

Curtis Wong, MD