How Long Does It Take to See Results in Fat Transfer to Butt?

On April 17, 2013 I had the surgery for tt, lipo w/fat transfer to my butt.I still did have not seen any changes.actually my butt is getting smaller in I lost 15 pounds..I'm african American women 35 years of age.

+4

The results immediately following surgery will be the largest due to swelling and lack of fat resorption.  The buttock will continue to decrease in size for the first few weeks.  At about 6 weeks the results are permanent.  What you see is what you get.  If you want a revision to go larger, find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these a year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Results of Brazilian Butt Lift should be immediate

+2

You should see the results of your BBL immediately. While it may take 4-8 weeks to get a good idea of what your final shape and size will be, your augmentation should be obvious right away. I do 6-8 BBLs per week, and my patients see it immediately....and the results last.  You should find out exactly how much fat was put in your butt. I have seen results from poorly experienced surgeons in which the fat completely dies afterwards and goes away immediately. Hopefully this is not the case with you.

Matthew Schulman, MD