How Long Does Sculptra Last for Acne Scars?

I have some depressions in my face that appear as lines in my cheeks when I smile. I think these are called rolling scars, but not sure. I asked a plastic surgeon what would be the best option for these scars and he told me that excision might not get rid of the lines when I smile and would leave me with a scar that Id be unhappy with even with fraxel treatments after. He suggested that I get sculptra. I am planning on having fraxel treatments and then getting sculptra after.

Lasting Time of Sculptra

+1

A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic, an average of three injection sessions over a few months, can last up to two years. Sculptra is made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen. It helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds, that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen. Therefore, Sculptra should work for depressions in your face. Best of luck.

Sculptra is not the best choice of fillers for acne scars

+1

Because acne scarring occurs in the skin, I believe fillers that are placed in the skin, rather than beneath the skin, are much more effective treatments. Hyaluronic acid gels like Restylane are injected in the skin and are therefore my first choice for treatment of acne scars. Sculptra is injected more deeply, beneath the skin, to generate more volume. I believe that Sculptra will not work nearly as well, will require more treatments, and will be significantly more expensive then Restylane.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra and acne scars

+1

Sculptra is a biostimulant material.  It causes nodules that create volume.  This can work well if placed deep under the skin, such as in the fat layer.  But if this is placed superficially, in the lips, or near the eyelids, most patients will develop lumps that will be visible- and you will not be happy!

The key to treating acne and other scars is the analysis by the physician.  Once the physician understands what makes the scar objectionable, the correct procedure(s) can be selected to fix the problem.

You can read more about how we help people with their scars on my website.

Sincerely,

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

We typically do both at the same time. Laser and Sculptra

+1

As part of our "Liquid Lift with Laser" we do our injectables simultaneously with the Mixto Laser.

This has several advantages:

• The Sculptra and other injectables under the cheeks and lips raises the tissue to the laser so the treatments are more even
  • It means only one down time session
  • The costs are less because it takes less time to do them together than seperately

It is safe to use this approach in experienced times.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon