How Long Would It Take for Scar Tissue to Form After Rhinoplasty?

For instance, if two weeks after my rhinoplasty I started doing heavy lifting everyday and bleeding from that caused excess scar tissue, how long would it take for the scar tissue to form? Immediately or a few months later?

Scar formation after Rhinoplasty

+1

Wow, that doesn't even sound good.  You were exercising and bleeding 2 weeks after a Rhinoplasty?  That can't be good.  Scar tissue begins to form at around 1 month which is when experienced Rhinoplasty surgeons typically see the patients back for possible kenalog 10 injections to reduce scar formation.  You should see your Rhinoplasty surgeon and tell him/her what has happened, so they can plan appropriately to ensure the best possible aesthetic outcome for you.

+1

Scar tissue will form as part of the healing process of the nose, regardless of the activity or the bleeding you are describing. Scar tissue is the result after the swelling resolves, and it there around 4-6 wks after surgery.

Michel Siegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon