How Long Does It Take for Rhino Revision?

In my first surgery I was told that my surgeon had 3 hrs for my breast reduction and 1 hr for my rhinoplasty. Now I'm looking at seeing him for revision of a Pollybeak and maybe open roof deformity. How long should say he will take for me to feel he has enough time and is not rushing my nose, as the last thing I want is to do it all a third time? It's hard choosing a surgeon when you have no experience in the field.

Time for revision

+2

I think the more important question is whether your surgeon is experienced in performing the kind of revision you need - typically pollybeak revision required multiple grafts and can take up to 3 hours.

Duration of rhinoplasty revision

+2

It really depends on what the extent and complexity of the revision rhinoplasty procedure. If it is simple rasping of a small bump on the bridge, this may only take 15 to 20 minutes. Further revision rhinoplasty with cartilage graft of the tip, bridge, and the sidewalls could take three hours. The length of time to perform a revision rhinoplasty is truly dependent upon the work that needs to be performed at the time of the surgery.

Rhinoplasty revision

+2

Your results are very unsatisfactory, there are multiple problems that need to be addressed.

The narroe bridge, the wide tip, the wide nasion.

Your revision will need about 4 hours, to address the tip , the narrow bridge need refracturing and spreader grafts. Have a second opinion. do the nose and the breast seperately.

The final result and the exact procedure is determined after a thorough exam , skin, boney pyramid, cartilage, intranasal exam and findings, septum.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

This depends on your goals for the revision, the thickness of your skin, and how much swelling has subsided.  There are certain aspects of rhinoplasty that can be done fairly soon after the initial surgery such as an alar base reduction.  Repairing a polly beak and inverted V deformity is a major revision that would require things to settle down and heal at least a year before pursuing a revision rhinoplasty. 

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Length of time for rhino revision (secondary nose job)

+1

It really depends on what is being done. If all that was done was rasping a hump, then 1 hour is more than enough time. IF a full open rhinoplasty is performed, 3 hours may not be unreasonable.