How Long Till I Could Return to Work After a Tummy Tuck to Working in a Medical Clinic, Rooming Patients As a Medical Assistant?

Tummy Tuck Return to Work Date

Returning to Work after a Tummy Tuck depends mainly on the physical demands of your job, and how extensive your surgery is. It also depends on your surgeon's recommendations.
Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more.
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. Initial discomfort and decreased mobility is typical. 3-5 days or more of assistance at home is usually indicated. Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific questions

Medical Assistant Return to Work after Tummy Tuck

Most patients can return to a nonstrenuous job in 1 to 2 weeks.  Strenuous activity can usually be resumed at 6 weeks or so.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Return to Work After Tummy Tuck

Most tummy tuck patients can return home the same day.  Return to work is typically 10 days.  Return to the gym for select cardio at 3 weeks.  Weight training and yoga can resume at 6 weeks.

Tummy tuck and return to work

I think for most tummy tuck patients if they heal without complications can go back to desk work within a week to ten days.  Heavy lifting should wait 6-8 weeks.

How Long Till I Could Return to Work After a Tummy Tuck to Working in a Medical Clinic

Most of my patients who do "light work" are back in 7 to 10 days, not necessarily at peak performance level. Heavy labor may require 6 weeks.; Best wishes for an uneventful recovery.