How Long Do the Results of Vaginal Rejuvenation Last?

I am considering vaginal rejuvenation to tighten my vagina to be the same as it was when I first started having sex. It was tight for the forst 2 years after having sex and now has doubled in size. I started off being very tight, so some would consider me avergae size, but I miss the way it used to be :( If I get this procedure how long will it last? Some say it goes back to the previous condition pretty quickly! No one has clear answers regarding the lasting result.

Will results of vaginoplasty last?

Every patient is different with how they heal and how long the results last.  I don't think that any surgeon can guarantee that the results will last forever.  The body changes with time and will continue to do so.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

How long will Vaginal Rejuvenation last?

It's wonderful that you're really concerned with the longevity of your surgical results. Vaginal rejuvenation should be long term and the results should last a lifetime. There will be an amount of relaxation that does naturally occur over time due to age and gravity, but you should never return to the same amount of relaxation that you're feeling right now. Of course, vaginal trauma such as vaginal delivery will negatively impact your results. Cheers! 

Wesley Anne Brady, MD
Dallas OB/GYN

9101 N Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231

How long will the vagina stay tight?

This is a great question- the results of vaginal tightening typically last a lifetime. However, a new vaginal delivery may stretch out the vagina again. Also, with age, tissues lose elasticity and some loosening is inevitable. That is why I tend to over tighten by 10%... Because some loosening is predictable. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

8929 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Vaginoplasty and labiaplasty results

Great question. Vaginoplasty and labiaplasty results are long term. However, based on genetic factors and the amount of tissue laxity, the results may need to be 'perked up' in the future. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Vaginal Rejuvenation: Are the Results Permanent

The vaginal tightening produced by a vaginal rejuvenation procedure should withstand reasonable degrees of stretching without loosening. This assumes that you're talking about a true multi-layered repair of the the muscles as well as the skin. Having vaginal childbirth after the procedure will certainly destroy any tightening procedure, but sex is unlikely to undo the procedure.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

350 Kennedy Boulevard
Bayonne, NJ 07002

The effects of a vaginoplasty with muscle tightening should last for many years. Some individuals will become lax earlier than others but the procedure usually has a lasting effect.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

4208 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77027

The final results from a labiaplasty should last years, assuming no health issue, significant weight change, or pregnancy.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

4031 Massillon Rd
Uniontown, OH 44685

Labiaplasty, if performed correctly, should last.  The issue, of course, will be stretching.  Scar tissue, which is created by the operation during the healing process, will be less stretched than natural tissue.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

2100 Webster Street,
San Francisco, CA 94115

Effect of rejuvenation

It depends on what technique is used and how much of tissue is removed/tightened. While some degree of stretching is inevitable, I am afraid there is no answer that will be applicable to all patients.

Anindya Lahiri, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

22 Somerset Road Edgbaston
Birmingham, West Midlands B15 2QQ