How Long Do the Results of Vaginal Rejuvenation Last?

I am considering vaginal rejuvenation to tighten my vagina to be the same as it was when I first started having sex. It was tight for the forst 2 years after having sex and now has doubled in size. I started off being very tight, so some would consider me avergae size, but I miss the way it used to be :( If I get this procedure how long will it last? Some say it goes back to the previous condition pretty quickly! No one has clear answers regarding the lasting result.

Will results of vaginoplasty last?

+2

Every patient is different with how they heal and how long the results last.  I don't think that any surgeon can guarantee that the results will last forever.  The body changes with time and will continue to do so.

+1

The effects of a vaginoplasty with muscle tightening should last for many years. Some individuals will become lax earlier than others but the procedure usually has a lasting effect.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Labiaplasty

+1

The final results from a labiaplasty should last years, assuming no health issue, significant weight change, or pregnancy.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

+1

Labiaplasty, if performed correctly, should last.  The issue, of course, will be stretching.  Scar tissue, which is created by the operation during the healing process, will be less stretched than natural tissue.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Effect of rejuvenation

+1

It depends on what technique is used and how much of tissue is removed/tightened. While some degree of stretching is inevitable, I am afraid there is no answer that will be applicable to all patients.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon