Results from Deep Plane Facelift

How Long Does It Take to See Results from a Deep Plane Facelift. I Had One a Month Ago. Don't See Change. Family Says No Dif

How long to see results from Face Lift

+2

The results from a Face Lift should be the most dramatic, as far as how tight the face looks, once the initial swelling subsides.  For minimal incision Face Lifts, this is literally hours...while for traditional Face Lifts it would be several weeks.  Deep Plane Face Lifts would be along similar time with the traditional Face Lift for resolution of the initial swelling but might have residual swelling that persists for months longer due to the more aggressive nature of the tissue dissection. 

Face lift results

+1

Improvement from a face & neck lift (whether deep plane or not) should be evident by 1-2 weeks - looking at photos (before and after) is often helpful

Sam Naficy, MD

You should be able to see improvement after a Facelift, Deep Plane or other, immediately after surgery

+1

I show my patients their face the morning after a Facelift because I expect them to see the tightening and improvement created by the Facelift.

Granted, swelling at 24-48 hours can obscure some of the improvement, but I expect patients to see enough of an improvement that they can see that they will be happy.

At one month the skin does relax from the extreme tightening right after surgery. Especially around the mouth some relapse of skin laxity is common.

Be sure to look at your pre op photos-you may well have forgotten how much laxity you had before

Be careful listening to family and friends-many people don't approve of Facelift and often take the opportunity to "rain on your parade"

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Deep Plane Facelift versus Traditional Face Lift.

+1

One study suggests that all the facelift techniques end up looking the same, after just a couple of years.  That deep plane looks better in the early going but not so after just a few months.  I am familiar with all the techniques and must comment that "no dif" is not what we hope to see at this point.  Sometimes it takes comparison of your look today and the pre-op photos to appreciate the real difference.  Ask the doctor for a copy of your photos.  You may be surprised!  

Ritu Chopra, MD

Deep plane facelift

+1

Dear anon7451,

Family members may not notice a difference, but people are really good at forgetting what you used to look like. Take a look at your pre-op pics and compare them to pics of you now to see a difference.  If you are not satisfied let your surgeon know so you can see what options you have.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Facelift results should show up at the one month mark

+1

You should be able to see a substantial improvement in your face after a facelift. The best way to address your concerns is to see your surgeon and review before and after photos to see what progress has been made. I hope this helps!

Jen Yuan Chow, MD
Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month facelift postop results

+1

At 1 month, you should notice a substantial change in your facial volume proportions and shape.   I would discuss this with your primary surgeon and review your preop/postop photos to ensure that your expected results were possible or realistic through facelift surgery.   

Paul S. Gill, MD

Facelift results

+1

You should have a dramatic result at one month after any kind of a facelift.  A pre and post photo would be good but I can't understand getting a "non-result."

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Facelift after one month

+1

You should see a definite change one month after a facelift whether it was a depp plane one or not.  Review your photos with your surgeon.

No results seen one month after face lift

+1

One month after surgery, you should see a difference in the results of a face lift and so I would discuss these concerns with your surgeon.