How Long Does It Take to Remove Veneers?

I recently had veneers placed but they look horrible and bulky. They were no prep veneers and the dentist said he can remove them by laser. I wanted to know how long does it take for him to remove them? and does the laser or the glue affect the teeth ? im afraid ill remove them and my teeth will look worse than before.

There are technically no such thing as "no prep" veneer

+1

There are technically no such thing as "no prep" veneer. Veneers are an irreversible procedure, in order to bond the porcelain to the tooth, at the minimum  a roughening of the enamel by either a "bur" or chemically by acid etching . Please ask your dentist if either has been done and go from there.

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Removal of porcelain non-prep veneers

+1

In majority of situations dentists make slight preparation even for non-prep veneers in order to achieve better bonding and contour of them. You should ask you dentist if any preparation to enamel was done, before the veneers will be removed. The veneers can be removed with different approaches in one appointment. You should talk to your dentist about possible option with standard prep porcelain veneers which are stronger and give more variability with color, shade and shape. 

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

No veneer is completely reversible

+1

While veneers CAN be removed with a laser, they should always be considered irreversible. The underlying tooth structure will need to be polished or contoured, so they will be altered.  Even if the veneers were inserted with "no prep", they likely were polished once bonded in place, thus altering the teeth. 

Discuss with your dentist your concerns and you should be fine.  The appointment will likely take 60-90 minutes. 

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers can be removed in 1 visit

+1

You didn't state how many veneers you had placed, but they all can be removed in 1 office visit. Even though they are called "no-prep veneers", many dentists do in fact prep the teeth minimally. You should discuss this with your dentist before agreeing to remove them. If he did prep the teeth slightly, they will look different in color and in shape than they originally worse. I'm not sure if that will be better or worse! Also, if he did prep them, they might be a little more sensitive to temperature than they were previously. Make sure you discuss all of these scenarios with the dentist before removing them.

New York Cosmetic Dentist