How Long Does Recovery Last for a Breast Lift?

I'm 162lbs and around 38B-29 1/2-42 and 5'6 1/2 in height. I'm full B cup or baby C cup in my breasts. How long the recovery takes? What breast lift proceduce is recommended for me? I have photos of my breasts posted in my previous questions. I read about the Wise Pattern Breast Lift and its barely leaves scars.

Recovery after breast lift/reduction is usually 7-10 days

+2

Most of my patients are off pain medicines such as vicodin by two days.  It takes about 2 hours as an outpatient in a healthy person; you go home and drink fluids and relax and then I ask my patients to walk at least 1/2 an hour a day starting the day after surgery.  I also ask my patients not to lift more than 10 pounds, or perform chest exercises for 6 weeks.  That is how long it takes for the scar tissue to reach maximum strength.  

Depending upon the type of work you do, you can do the surgery on Thursday and be back to work by Monday, with the above restrictions.  Obviously if your work involves heavy lifting or pushing, you will have to arrange more time off and no lifting for when you return.

Plan ahead and take care of yourself so as to reap the maximum benefit from your surgery.  Good luck!

Breast Lift Recovery May Take Less Than A Week

+1
A breast lift is a procedure whereby the envelope of skin containing the breast is reduced.The intention of this operation is to tighten the breast and often lift the nipple and areola to a more ideal location.A Wise pattern breast lift normally leaves a scar around the areola and from the areola down to the fold of the breast and often in the fold of the breast itself.Less extensive breast lifts leave only an incision around the areola or possibly around the areola and straight down to the fold of the breast.When properly performed, the scarring is normally very acceptable.There is however, variability in the amount of scarring from patient to patient.

Normally, after a breast lift you will be able to resume most day to day activities such as driving your car within three to five days.You should refrain from heavy lifting and strenuous activity for four weeks.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting Recovery?

+1

Recovery from breast lift surgery generally takes 5 to 7 days ( for time off work)  and avoidance of strenuous activity/exercise for 3 to 4 weeks. Patients are generally able to drive approximately one week after surgery.

How long is recovery for breast lift?

+1

The usual recovery for a breast lift (mastopexy) procedure is as follows:

• The procedure is done as an outpatient and usually takes less than 2 hours.
  • Time off work: 3-7 days.
  • Driving: As soon as you are off pain medication (usually Vicodin), you can start driving.
  • Exercise: None for 3-4 weeks. This includes heavy lifting (greater than 15 pounds) and sexual intercourse.

I took a look at her photos, but it is impossible to tell what your breasts look like at this time because you were clothed. He may be a candidate for a vertical (lollipop incision) or Wyse pattern (inverted T.) but it is nearly impossible to tell by her photos. It all depends on the relative amount of sagging that you have. Also, some consideration should be given to using implant to give you more fullness and symmetry between the 2 breasts. Any qualified, experienced, board certified, plastic surgeon should be able to help you out. Good luck.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Recovering after a breast lift

+1

After breast lift surgery, it is usually possible to drive in a couple of days and then return to work within a week or so, depending on your job. In many cases, breast lift patients resume most of their normal activities, including some form of mild exercise, after several weeks.  Try to avoid heavy lifting for at least a month.

Steven Svehlak, MD

Recovery after a breast lift

+1

Recovery from a breast lift is fairly quick. Most of my patients can go back to work within about a week.  I recommend avoiding heavy lifting for about 6 weeks.

Recovery for Breast Lift.

+1

We generally recommend that you take a week off work and avoid strenuous physical activity for three weeks. Drains may be necessary. Certain dressings may be required during this time. You will be instructed in breast implant exercises.