How long is recover after breast reduction?

If I have a formal affair on July 4th (sisters wedding) and I know we are going on Vacation July 21st-what is the latest approx. I can have the surgery without being in pain or hurting myself?

Recovery after breast reduction varies but most patients resume daily activities within the week.

+1
Restrictions to activity will be defined by your own plastic surgeon. In general, however, most women can return to normal day-to-day activities within a few days.

Recovery after Breast Reduction

+1
Dear laq,

The recovery after breast reduction is typically 6 weeks. That being said, you can do things like walk or sit on an exercise bike and pedal at 2 weeks post op. I would suggest that you give yourself 2 months to heal before your sister's wedding, so a surgery date around the beginning of May. It is important for you to discuss these dates with your surgeon so they are aware of your commitments. Best of luck!

Richard A. Bartlett, MD
Brookline Plastic Surgeon