How Long is Recovery for a Brow Lift and Eyelid Surgery when Done Together?

I am a 61 year old female looking into eyelid surgery in conjunction with an endoscopic brow lift using endotine - a forhead fixation device.

How long will I have to wait until going out in public without wearing hats and sunglasses? My doctor says 6 weeks minimum, but a full year for full results. I don't want to wait that long. What are the variations for people of my age?

Recovery Period after a Brow Lift

+3

My Brow Lift patients typically go back to work at 2 weeks. Most still have some swelling and minor bruising that can be  generally addressed with makeup.  At the one month mark, most patients are looking good enough to attend black tie functions. However, if it is a super special event , I always advise having the Brow Lift done to allow for 2-3 months recovery.  Good luck!

Before and After Brow Lift photos below, with Brow Lift video.

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez

Baltimore , Maryland

1-2 week recovery after Vrow Lift and Eyelid Surgery

+3

I have performed Brow Lifts and Eyelid Surgery for over 20 years and the recovery for both done together is 1-2 weeks before you can put on makeup, go out and look good.  I'm not sure why you were told 6 weeks.  IMHO, you may want to have another consultation as the Endoscopic Brow Lift with any fixation device does not give the reliability that the Coronal Brow Lift can deliver.

Recovery from brow lift and eyelid surgery

+3

6 weeks sounds like a long recovery to me.  Usually this area of the face heals quickly and is easily concealed with big sunglasses and a scarf.  I tell my paitients having this surgery to plan on house arrest for about 5 or 6 days and then out and about with the aforementioned accessories.  It's super important to really take it easy the first few days or you will be paying for doing too much with prolonged swelling and/or bruising. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Recovery after browlift

+3

Recovery varies from technique to technique and patient to patient.

Generally for a lateral browlift at a subcutaneous plane, the recovery to being public averages 4 days.

For an Endotine browlift done at a subperiosteal level, the recovery will be considerably longer.

For our book chapter on browlifts, feel free to read the online version.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Recovery after Blepharoplasty and Browlift

+3

There is almost no recovery after Brow-lift, as any bruising can be camouflaged immediately, since it is usually in the cheeks and the incisions are in the hair. I generally let everyone wash their hair the next day. Usually by 3 days, when I remove the staples in the hair, I have trouble finding them. You will, however, still be able to feel the fixation for many months, but these are invisible. Blepharoplasty varies a little, depending on whether you have just the upper lids or both upper and lower lids done. I generally remove the sutures at 3-4 days and then let you use camouflage make-up (which we supply) 6 hours later. You will still have swelling for several weeks, but this usually does not slow down return to  activities. Occasionally, swelling of the sclera, the white of the eyeball, will require use of sunglasses for a week or so to totally disguise the surgery. Even this should not really delay return to social engagements, however. I had scleral edema (chemosis) after my Blepharoplasty and Brow-lift, but was back seeing patients with no one the wiser by 5 days.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Time for Brow Lift and Bleph

+2

After a few days, you will be able to resume light activities. To return to a regular schedule, you will need about a week to two weeks. For an important social occasion, you may want six weeks.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Plan on 2 weeks recovery after Eyelid and brow Lift Surgery but 6-8 weeks for photos or important social function

+2

Bruising and swelling following eyelid and brow lift surgery usually take 2 weeks to resolve. However, for your face to look fairly normal and "adjusted" to the new surgery takes 6-8 weeks. Thus i recommend that my patients not plan an important social function or pose fopr photographs until at least 6 weeks after surgery.

Some people recover quicker but you have to plan for the unforseen so be safe and plan 6 weeks. You will however be able to be out and around with make up and or sun glasses after two weeks on average

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Blepharoplasty and Browlift Recovery Time

+2
Oh goodness, your surgeon is being incredibly conservative.  I usually advise patients that they will be presentable without glasses with a bit of makeup 6 to 8 days after a blepharoplasty, and with the browlift 8 to 9 days.  Some bruising can be concealed with makeup.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can expect to return to work, daily activities 1-2 weeks after endoscopic browlift and eyelid surgery

+1

You can expect to return to work, daily activities 1-2 weeks after endoscopic browlift and eyelid surgery. Bruising can take 7-10 days to resolve but can be camouflaged with makeup. All incisions are typically either hidden in the scalp hair or behind the eyelid or in the eyelid crease. In cases where excess skin is removed from the lower eyelid, the incision just below the eyelashes heals well and quickly.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Generally, you should be able to go out in about 7 days with some make up. This of course, depends on the technique which also varies from surgeon to surgeon. There should be minimal bruising unless you bruise easily. It is the swelling that take longer to resolve but nothing that should prevent you from going out.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon