I hade Radiesse injections 3 years ago, how long will these lumps last? (photos)

I have Radiesse injected into my nasal fold 3 years ago, I have the lumps developed 2 months later after the injection, my doctor said that is not normal, normally Radiesse should be gone within 18 months. It seems the filler drifted around. The bulky and inflamed area are not getting better, it seems they are getting worse? My doctor won't do anything until a biopsy. I don't want a scarf on my face. Any thing I can do about it?

Bumps 3 years after Radiesse injection.

+1
I have never seen bumps from a filler injection last that long. In my practice every cosmetic patient is addressed separately as there are no "cookbook" approaches even after almost 20 years of filler experience.We use many different fillers in the same patient to achieve a optimal correction. Given your unusual result,  I would recommend you discuss with a dermatologist board certified and experienced in fillers in your area.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse And Nodule Formation

+1
Radiesse has been reported at distant sites from injection.  I would suggest getting a second opinion.  You may need a biopsy to see if this is something new or a result of your previous injections.  Seek someone who is an expert in the field with expertise in filler injections.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse and bumps

+1
Dear athol627,

• Usually Radiesse does not travel that far from the nasolabial fold to the cheek
  • It is difficult to tell what those lumps are without seeing you in person
  • A biopsy can be done in such a way where the scar should not be too visible, or hidden in a fold
  • I would seek out a second opinion if you are not getting the answers you are looking for

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD