How Long Will Radiesse in my Chin Get Dissolved to Make It Look Natural with my Face?

Do I need to undergo a different kind of procedure or take any medication to make it dissolve faster?

Radiesse in the chin - how long will it last

+1

As the panel members indicated, Radiesse is known for a lengthy duration of outcomes.  Depending on how much product was placed in such a small area will also affect duration.  

Radiesse does not have a remedy in the way that the smooth gels dissolve with hyaluronidase.  It may offer some encouragement to have feedback from an injector that can offer future options or methods to minimize the negative appearance that you are referring to by camouflage.  

The suggestion of using "distilled water combined with vibration" is not something we would recommend.  Nothing but sterile products should ever be injected into the body.

Radiesse and the cheeks

+1

Radiesse is a calcium based product in a gel vehicle. The gel vehicle can cause a lot of swelling and contribute to the exaggerated appearance you make not like on your cheeks.

Using a laser such as IPL or Vbeam laser have been described to soften the gel vehicle, dissolve it a bit, and take some of the swelling out for you. Also, try anti-inflammatory products.

Unfortunately, unlike Juvederm, Perlane, and Restylane, there is no "dissolving" of this product. It can last 9 month to 1.5 years.

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Radiesse Duration.

+1

Radiesse can last up to 1 year.  Unfortunately, there are no treatments that are proven to speed up this process. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens        

Grant Stevens, MD

How Long for Radiesse in Chin to Dissolve?

+1

In my experience it takes 12-18 months for Radiesse to dissolve, but everybody is different.  Hopefully, the Radiesse will not last as long for you. There is nothing that can be injected into your chin to accelerate the process. Hyaluronidase can be used for products such as Restylane and Juverderm, but there is no similar product for Radiesse.

+1

Radiesse will last up to 12 months and there are no medications or injections that will dissolve the Radiesse more quickly.

Time for Radiesse in chin to get dissolved

+1

Radiesse is an inert calcium salt which cannot be dissolved.

However, I have obtained very limited success by injecting distilled water and then vibrating the area for a few minutes. Repeated such treatments can improve matters to a modest degree.

Always make sure that you are being  treated by an experienced, Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic SAurgeon

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

+1

Radiesse cannot be made to dissolve. You will have to wait 1-1.5 years for it to dissolve by itself. Unlike Restylane / Perlane, which can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase, Radiesse, good or bad, is time dependent.

Dissolving Radiesse

+1

Since Radiesse is not reversible, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. There is no way to make it disappear faster. Always ask to see before and after pictures of patients your physician has personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon