How Long Does Radiesse for Cheek Augmentation Last?

How long does Radiesse last?

+2

In my experience, Radiesse tends to last anywhere from 12-14 months in the cheek area.  This is one of my favorite locations to inject Radiesse and provides a nice structural fullness to the cheeks.  The manufacturer saw that the calcium hydroxylapetite particles will remain for about 12 months.

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

How Long Does Radiesse for Cheek Augmentation Last?  Radiesse typically lasts about 12 months but will depend on the amount used.

Radiesse For Cheek Augmentation

+2

The duration of effects of any injectable fillers is based on how long it takes for its main component to resorb. In the case of Radiesse, this is how long the small ceramic beads persist until they are broken down and resorbed. The manufacturer will state a duration of effect for Radiesse anywhere from one to two years. This will vary based on where it is placed. My experience in the cheeks is that it is anywhere from nine months to one year at best.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Longevity of Radiesse in Cheek Augmentation

+2

The manufacturer of Radiesse says that it lasts about 12 months, but in my experience it frequently will last 18-24 months.

Radiesse for cheek augmentation

+2

Radiesse is a temporary filler composed of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres that stimulate production of collagen. The product has a texture resembling your own soft tissue. Initial augmentation is caused by the implant itself, but in a few months it diminishes in size and disappears clinically in approximately twelve months. As Radiesse is broken down and reabsorbed by your skin, new collagen forms around the calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres which can cause it to become much longer lasting.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How long does radiesse Last

+1

There are injectable fillers currently available which attempt to produce a long-lasting soft tissue augmentation by incorporating substances that are more slowly metabolized or that cannot be metabolized by the body. These are sometimes referred to as 'semi-permanent' fillers. Some incorporate non-degradable biologic materials (e.g. Radiesse®, which contains calcium hydroxyapatite, the mineral component of bone) or non-biologic (synthetic) materials (e.g. ArteFill®, which contains polymethyl methacrylate, also known as Lucite) that are designed to persist in the body permanently. Another is Sculptra®, which consists of a synthetic polymer called poly-L-lactic acid, which is also used as an absorbable suture material.

Unfortunately, the body treats these materials as foreign objects, and as a result the placement of non-degradable and synthetic materials may lead to inflammation, infection, migration and granuloma (an inflammatory cyst) formation - none of which are problems that you want to experience near the skin surface in your face. In general, the 'semi-permanent' injectables containing these materials are less likely to produce a result that looks and feels natural, and because of the potential complications I feel that they should never ever be injected anywhere close to the skin surface. We do not use any of these injectables in my practice.

If you are looking for a longer-lasting result than you are getting with Juvederm® or Restylane®, we have a much better solution for you: you own fat, currently residing somewhere that you don't need it. The improvement is designed to be permanent, and your body will not treat it as a foreign object. Your immune system won't attack it. The cost is about the same as several syringes of a 'semi-permanent' filler. And the quality of your facial skin may, in fact, actually improve in the areas where fat is grafted.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon