How Long is the Procedure on Abs and Flanks for Smart Lipo?

my doctor is putting me under general anesthesia and the girl at the front desk said it will take 2 hours and 30 mins. i forgot to ask my doctor but ill ask him during my check up. i feel thats to short of time or is it cause ill be under general anesthesia that he doesnt have to me as gentle or something?

Smarty Lipo for belly abdomen appearance

+2

Thank you for your picture. It appears you are a very good candidate for liposuction. Your abdomen seems to have some muscular laxity which will not be improved with any form of liposuction. This traditionally requires a muscle repair especially if you have been pregnant. I don't necessarily feel that Smartlipo is superior to traditional liposuction. The time you have been given appears reasonable.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/liposuction/

How long for liposuction

+1

Without an exam and not knowing exactly what your body looks like, it is hard to say how long the procedure will take.  Furthermore, surgeons vary in the speed at which they do  surgery.

+1

Thanks for the question and photo. As a Clinical Instructor for Smart Lipo my answer to the exact question is it is acceptable time frame. The issues are: 1. Which Smart Lipo unit is being used - the smaller 6,10,12, 18, 20 watt units (very slow pulse rates so longer operation), the medium watts of 18 or 20, slightly faster pulse rates, the MPX units with 30 or 35 watt fast rates, the one I used to use, and the TRIPLEX unit WOW fast. 2. The experience of the surgeon, how many Smart Lipo + lipos has he done. 3. You as a candidate. Your photo shows you as being a good candidate. In my hands your operation with the Triplex would be around a little less than 2 hours. The amount of removed melted fats and liquids will be around 1.5 to 2 liters. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Smart lipo takes longer than conventional liposuction

+1

Conventional tumescent liposuction can take less time than smart lipo because the smart lipo adds a step of using the laser to heat up the subcutaneous tissue prior to the liposuction. this step utilizes a laser fiber that enters the cavity and the temperature of the skin should be checked periodically to ensure that a dangerously high temperature is avoided so that burns do not occur. This step is not used in conventional liposuction. Normal liposuction can certainly take that length of time or longer so some surgeon, but not all, would need at least that amount of time you mentioned to do those areas. Under general anesthesia it could be less because the local tumescent anesthetic can be delivered more quickly.

Duration of Liposuction Procedure

+1
I fully agree with Dr. Placik. The estimated duration of the surgery given you is reasonable - some surgeons could do it fasters; others may take longer. More importantly, you must be aware that SmartLipo will NOT correct the significant bulging of your tummy. This pooch is most likely due to muscle separation caused by past pregnancy(ies). As long as the muscles are left separated NO liposuction or exercise would put them together andgive you the flat tummy you envision. You may look MUCH better with a Tummy Tuck than with SmartLipo. Dr. Peter Aldea

Procedure time for smart lipo

+1

The 2 1/2 hrs is plenty of time for this procedure. He should be able to do the abdomen and flanks during that time.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.