How long post op until the numbness goes away and get feeling and sensation back in my nipples and lower breast? (Photo)

I am 6 weeks post op, 600 high profile mentor silicone. I had under incision, under muscle implant, was a 34 a pre op and currently a VS 34DDD.i am very happy, and they are settling nicely. But I have lost sensation from my nipple down to bottom of breast. This is very upsetting to my hubby as my breast an nipples played a major role in foreplay for us. How long does it take for feeling and sensation to return?or is it lost for ever?

Regaining sensations after augmentation

+2
Most people do regain sensation and if you have some, that is a better sign then none at all.  Loss of sensation is a known risk and I'm sure it was reviewed with you.  At this point, all you can do is hope for the best and heal.  If you get tingly sensations, that is a good sign.

Sensations After Breast Aug #breastimplants

+1
Well, it is hard to know. Certainly it can be permanent but it also may just take 6-12 months for it to completely return. It is more rare for this to be permanent. Nerves can be stretched by the implant and that can take time to resolve. Certainly there could be mechanical injury form the augmentation but under the muscle you are less likely to injure those nerves. I think you are going to have to be patient with this for up to a year, maybe even more.

Richard J. Brown, MD

How long post op until the numbness goes away and get feeling and sensation back in my nipples and lower breast?

+1
Can not give a full sensory return guarantee but appears as by a few month at least the nipple should have return../

+1
After any breast procedure it could take any where from 3 to 12 month, is a process you have to be patience. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Breast augmentation and sensation

+1
Often the sensation of the breast will improve as the swelling goes away.  This can take several months if not longer.  Good luck.

Breast augmentation and loss of sensation

+1
This is very uncommon first of all. The obvious answer is to give more time.  Selling induced by the surgery has not completely resolved in thee tissues.  It would be rare to have sensation loss on both sides.  Please continue to be patients.  I know it is very difficult to wait this out.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Loss of Sensation After Breast Aug

+1
Thank you for your picture.  You appear to have a nice result.  It typically takes at least 6 months for the sensation to return.  There are no treatments to speed the recovery of the nerves. This should get better with time.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS