Long Pointy Tip and Wide Nostrils..could Surgery Help..?

i have a long pointy tip from my profile view and wide nostrils frontal view..overall my tip looks bulbous and large..also when i smile my nostrils get wider (i know this natural)..could surgery make my tip less pointy and wide without it looking fake and upturned..?

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible to achieve an improvement with rhinoplasty

The results of any surgery cannot be guaranteed

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery can improve long pointy tip and wide nostrils

+1

There are many types of tip procedures that could be performed during a rhinoplasty that would refine the tip. The bulbousness will decrease through tip suturing techniques and conservative removal of cartilage. Wide nostrils are narrowed through alar base excisions such as an alarplasty. If properly executed, this should not turn the nose up.

Tip Changes with Rhinoplasty

+1

Tip refinement with a natural result can be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery.  Find an experienced surgeon because your thin skin will make any any irregularities of the underlying cartilage very obvious after surgery.

Rhinoplasty to improve tip and nostrils

+1

Rhinoplasty surgeries are individualized to each patient's wishes, and may well only address the angularity of the tip and width of the nostrils. Consult with a plastic surgeon so you can discuss your wishes and possible surgical options.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Tip Can Be Refiined But " Smiling Nostrils" Are Tough To Beat

+1

Hello, Austalia,

The tip can be refined but the nostrils are problematic on two fronts. First, the outer walls are thick and that cannot be changed. Second, the facial muscles that cause those nostril walls to " pull up" with smiling cannot be prevented from working.

Rhinoplasty often cannot cure all issues. However, the object is improvement of that which can be safely improved.

Computer imaging can help you visualize a suggested result and I suggest you avail yourself of that very  helpful technology.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Beverly Hills, CA

Robert Kotler, MD

Long Pointy Tip and Wide Nostrils..could Surgery Help

+1

Yes! See very qualified rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. The operation is relatively easy. And recovery very fast, maybe 2 weeks. Best of Luck. 

Pointy tip and wide nostrils can be addressed with a rhinoplasty.

+1

Both of these can be done. You need to make sure you see a VERY EXPERIENCED rhinoplasty surgeon. You have thin skin and a tip that will need grafts to prevent an unnatural result. Yours is not an everyday rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Nasal tip issues  like a pointy tip or wide nasal base certainly can be adjusted with rhinoplastys surgery usually conficned to just the tip.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

In my opinion, you have a pleasing nose. However, if you seek to make you nose less pointy and nostrils less wide, a tip rhinoplasty could achieve your goals in combination with modified alar wedge resections.