I have a long philtrum and my lips and nose are asymmetrical. Would an upper lip lift correct this?

Upper Lip Lift for Facial Harmony and Balance

+1

Thank you for the picture and the question. As we age, the facial tissues lose elasticity and begin to stretch or sag. In addition, some bone loss in the upper jaw makes the face flatter. The combined effect is a lengthening of the distance between the nose and mouth.

Yes, an upper lip lift can be a great option when the cutaneous (skin) part of the lip (between the nose and mouth opening) is much taller than the vermillion (the red part of the lip). In this procedure, excess skin is removed in the crease below the nose. This procedure helps to achieve greater balance and harmony in the lower face. Please visit us in San Francisco for a detailed in-person consultation!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon