How Long Does Perlane Last in Chin Area Usually? Should I Wait 1 Year After to Get Mentoplasty?

I have a recessed chin and want to get chin surgery. I got injected 7 mo. ago and I see it starting to come out, not sure if it's all gone though. One Dr told me to wait a year after before getting surgery to be sure it's out b/c the enzyme might not get it all if not shot exectly where it was injected.

Chin augmentation and Perlane

+1

If you haven't planned chin augmentation surgery and are weighing options between providers, having them assess the area and discuss with you all of your options is a good plan. Perlane can last longer in areas, and does not always act the same in every patient.

How long will Perlane last in chin area?

+1

The filler will generally last for 6 months on average, and can last up to 12 months depending on the location of the treatment and the individual circumstances of the patient. I would recommend following the guidelines provided by your prospective surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

How Long Does Perlane Last?

+1

Hi Lynn.  Although there is no simple formula for how long the product lasts, 9-12 months is a good approximation for how long it would take the product to be metabolized by the body.  Good luck with the surgery.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD