How Long Should a Pelleve Treatment Take?

How long should a Pelleve treatment take? I think my technician spent about 20 minutes total for face and neck in the first of three treatments. From what I've read, it should last 45 min to an hour. I'm going tomorrow for the 2nd of three sessions, should I insist on a full hour? no results to speak of from the first treatment, and at $1800 for the 3 sessions, it's a heavy hit and I want my money's worth.

Duration for Pelleve Treatments

+2

I am very excited about Pelleve facial wrinkle treatments. Pelleve technology utlizes radiofreqency electric waves to heat the dermis, or the deep layer of the skin. This results in tightening of the skin that is most apparent about 4 weeks after treatment. The treatment is painless, and feels like a warm facial massage. For treatment of the entire face, a Pelleve treatment should take 45 minutes to one hour. If only a portion of the face is treated, the treatments can as little as 20 minutes. For a full facial treatment, me and my technicians make 3 or more passes over each area of the face and heat the skin to 40 degrees celcius. There is some immediate improvement of the fine wrinkles of the skin. I love to treat half of the face and let my patients compare the two sides with a mirror. Pelleve really works!

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pelleve for facial Tightening

+2

Pelleve treatments are an excellent way to tighten your skin without surgery.  Most patients will have 2 treatments spaced about 1 month apart.  The treatment consists of heating the skin to a specific temperature and then repeating multiple times until the skin contracts.  Usually each area is covered about 4 times during a single session. However, treatments vary amongst individual patients.  Typically a full face treatment will take 30-45 minutes to achieve this result. Your price, 1800 for 3 treatments is a real bargain, perhaps this is why it was shorter.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Pelleve facial skin tightening takes 45 minutes for the face and neck in our practice

+1
Every provider may perform a cosmetic treatment differently, but in our practice it takes 45 minutes to do Pelleve on the face and neck. We have a very high patient satisfaction rate with this procedure.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/pelleve-treatment/index.html

Duration of Pelleve for Skin tightening

+1
Pelleve is very exciting because it tightens the skin painlessly. It is just a warm sensation like a warm facial massage. It uses Radiofrequency waves to tighten the skin.It takes me about 20 minutes to do a full face and neck. It varies by the person doing it and how much experience they have doing this procedure. We do get quicker the longer we have been doing it. When I first started doing this procedure for my patients it did take 45 minutes to an hour . Now that I have been doing it for several years I have gotten much faster. My results are good. Let the person doing your procedure go at the speed they are comfortable with for themselves. Insisting they spend longer will not alter the results. we all work at different speeds. I do 3 passes with each treatment.
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Favorable Results from Pelleve Treatments

+1

It is true that the company that manufactures the Pelleve advises that a full facial treatment typically takes about 45 minutes to an hour.

You will know if you are getting an effective treatment if the area being treated becomes very warm before the technician moves to the next area. The treatment should never be painful, but the more heat that you can tolerate the more effective the treatment will ultimately be.

You should have mild swelling and redness that usually goes away within a few hours to a day.Many people see the result immediately after just one treatment, with lasting improvement for up to six months as the skin produces new collagen.

If you are concerned with the length or effectiveness of your treatments you should discuss them with the supervising physician. We have seen remarkable results with the Pelleve in my practice.

I hope this information helps.

Best of Luck,

Dr. Clevens

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/pelleve.html

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pelleve

+1

Pelleve results vary.  I believe it is a useful antiaging device but its results are subtle in most cases.  A full facial treatement should take about 45 minutes.  There are other more aggressive antiaging skin treatments such  as CO2 lasesr which has downtime and risk.  In my practice Pelleve is terrific for patients trying to preserve collagen in their 30s and 40s.  Each year we lose facial collegen.  With regular pelleve treatments you are  stimulating and maintaining collagen..  It works well in conjunction with IPL, botox and fillers. 

Web reference: http://www.solomonfacialplastic.com/botox-facial-fillers-lasers/pelleve-facial-skin-tightening.php

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Surgery

+1

We did not buy the Pelleve system because we have not seen enough data on the effectiveness of the treatment to justify the cost. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.