How Long Do a Patient Stay Under with the Anesthesia when Getting a BBL?

Anesthesia time for a Brazilian butt lift

+2

My patients are under general anesthesia for around two hours for a BBL. Some surgeon can take 3-6 hours to do the same procedure. The real rate limiting step with a BBL is the liposuction part.  If your surgeon is not in shape, it will take him or her much longer to do the physically demanding part of the surgery.  This will increase the actual operating room time and anesthesia time.  So find yourself a fit board certified plastic surgeon and get the results you want.

Good luck, and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

How Long Does a Brazilian Butt Lift Take?

+1

Hello. The Brazilian Butt Lift surgery should take about 2-3 hours by a board certified plastic surgeon in an accredited surgical facility. While a board certified doctor may price their procedures higher, you greatly increase your chances of a result that you will be happy with.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift surgery takes between 3-6 hours

+1

Hi there-

In my estimation, the performance of a safe and high level Brazilian Butt Lift could not take less than 3 hours, and should not take more than 4-5.

I do not agree that this has anything to do with your surgeon's level of fitness, but rather his attention to detail... In other words, while I do believe I could complete the operation in as little as 2 hours if I really tried (in most patients), the simple reality is that no patient has ever come to me and said, "I want the fastest operation you can give me- I don't care what I look like when you're done".

Most patients want to be safe, and to have a great appearance when they are recovered from their surgery, whether the operation took 2, 3, or 4 hours.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

A so-called Brazilian Butt lift is nothing more than expertly injecting fat into the buttock compartments for optimal contour and fat survival.  There is a finite limit on the amount of fat that can be successfully injected and ultimately survives, which varies from patient to patient, and is very dependent on the analysis of the surgeon performing the procedure to determine the optimal amount.  In my experience most average size women do not require more than 200-300 cc of augmentation per side.  Any more than that does not increase the amount of fat survival and can actually decrease the fat survival and cause complications of fat necrosis not to mention painful.  The liposuction procedure should only take an hour to an hour and a half. The processing of the fat and reinjection should take another hour.  

Jeffrey Ptak, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt lIft

+1

Brazilian Butt Lift may take from 4 to 6 hours depending on the amount of liposuction and how many sites of liposuction, then purifying the fat and then injecting that fat in a three dimentional manner. With more than one surgeon may take less time, because they are doing liposuction simultaneously.