I had my surgery on February 6 . How Long is Pain to Be Expected After Breast Augmentation?

I had my sergery on February 6 everything went well, but my right breast is not drooping like my left one. Also on my right breast I can feel a very uncortarble pain on the lower part of my breast and if I take like a deep breath it hurts.

Pain after breast augmentation

+2
Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to have some aches and twinges for several weeks after surgery and occasionally up to a month or two.   Breast augmentation surgery is just that, surgery.  To think that you will be completely recovered and pain free after just a couple of weeks is not quite accurate.  In addition, pain is very subjective which means it is different from person to person.  Don't feel like you are alone if you are having some minor aches and pains several weeks out.  This is quite normal.
Best of luck.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Breast Augmentation

+2
You should, of course, talk to your surgeon about this.  You are early on and continued pain at this stage is not at all unusual.  I am assuming the implant is under the muscle--as this is the most common placement.  With that, there is significant muscle swelling and spasm which prevents the implant from "dropping".  It is common that the implant "dropping" is slower on the right, because most people are right handed and the pectoralis muscle is attached to the arm, is therefor stimulated by arm use/motion, and therefor settles down more slowly.  It is also not unusual for there to be some surgical trauma to the ribs or muscles between the ribs when the sub-muscular implant pocket is dissected, which you would experience as pain which worsens with deep breathing.  All of this should resolve in time, but as I said, always best to check with your surgeon.

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

How Long is Pain to Be Expected After Breast Augmentation?

+1
Pain this soon after surgery is not uncommon.  Also, swelling can be uneven from one breast to the other and may cause some temporary asymmetry.  However, it is best that you communicate your concern with your surgeon and be evaluated.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Pain post aug

+1
this is unusaul and since that breast hasn't fallen I would go see your surgeon.Most of the time the pain or discomfort is gone after 2 or 3 weeks.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon