When Will I See Final Results from Rhinoplasty?

It has already been 5 month. At first I looked like I had a pig nose. Now it looks like a pumpkin nose, short nose and wide nostrils. I had requested a slimmer pointier nose. My nose is short and stubby. How could that turn out to be long and slim? Should I keep waiting or go to doctor?

Final Results after Rhinoplasty

+1

After 5-6 months you will see subtle improvement and refinement for 12-18 months depending on what was necessary during your surgery. I don't think you should make a final decision re the neeed for revision surgery, but discuss this with your surgeon and get a second opinion.

Final result

+1

After rhinoplasty you should have a good idea of the results and see changes from before the week after surgery, however you will have significant swelling and the fine details will be very difficult to see. Another important factor is that your healing will continue for the following year. The final result will be after one year, however you should see the gross results earlier. If you are not happy with your results seek a second opinion, but do nothing for at least 1 year.

Good luck

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+1

The nose certainly will thin out a bit fromt he 6 months mark to the 12 month mark. But probably not too much.

The appearance of your nose 5 months after Rhinoplasty Surgery will change slightly over the next 7 months.

+1

After Rhinoplasty Surgery, there is a slight amount of swelling that may take up to one year to completely resolve. If you're dissatisfied  5 months after your Rhinoplasty, then you should get a second opinion from an experienced, board-certified Rhinoplasty specialist.

I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Final results from rhinoplasty in 6-12 months.

+1

I tell my patients that if we compare photos of their nose at 6 and 12 months after surgery there will be a slight change. Get a second opinion if you are concerned from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Final Results From Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

After 6 to 12 months you should have a pretty good idea about your rhinoplasty results. The nose continues to change over years after rhinoplasty.  You should visit your rhinoplasty surgeon and share your concerns.  Revision rhinoplasty surgery can be done between 6 to 12 months after the original surgery depending on the indications.  You can also get a few opinions before having a second surgery.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD