How Long Will my Scar Tissue Last, and What Should I Do?

About a month ago I was bit in my face by my dog. He got my nose pretty good and bit my nose partially off! He also cut my lip pretty deep and it needed to be stitched up! (obviously my nose was stitched up to). My only question is on my upper lift after my stitches came out, my lip formed this hard scar tissue.. how long until it goes away? will it go away? and what can I do to help it?

Lip scars and scar revision - Los Angeles

+1

Scar tissue should be addressed early to minimize further scarring. Our office specializes in scar revision surgery and has a specific protocol for lip scars. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles