How long will it take my nose to heal? (photo)

My diagnosis is a buckled, comminuted fracture of the right lateral nasal bone with few mm medial and posterior displacent of fracture fragments. Adjacent mucosal soft tissue swelling in the inferior right nasal cavity.

How long will it take my nose to heal?

+1

You would benefit from a rhinoplasty to improve the contours of the nose.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Healing from a nasal fracture repair

+1
Reduction of a nasal fracture involves placing patient's sleep under anesthesia and performing medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones. The cast is then applied across the nose and status in place for approximately one week. There's no packing placed inside the nose. Expect approximately 2 weeks of visible bruising and swelling.

Nose fracture and nasal trauma can be fixed

+1

Hello Bemims,

It is hard to give specific recommendation without examining you.

It appears from your diagnosis that you may need a definitive repair.

I would recommend that you would be seen by a nose specialist with passion for rhinoplasty.

Dr Sajjadian

DrSajjadian.com

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS