How long will it take my implants to soften up and drop?

I just had 650cc saline TUBA under the muscle this past Wednesday February 19. My implants are currently sitting pretty high on my chest, they hard and stiff.

SOFT AND DROP

+2
The more I do the more I realize that size of implant, strength of muscle, and tightness of skin are all important for this and the more you have of those three the longer everything takes to soften!

Usually about 3-4 months

+1
They generally take about 3-4 months to drop, although they may take longer depending on your body. Best of luck!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

+1
You are still very early in the healing/recovery process from your surgery.  I am not familiar with the transumbilical insertion of the implants, but all breast augmentation surgery result in some swelling and tension.  I generally advise my patients that the swelling and tightness would last 6-8 weeks.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Time until implants drop...

+1
Hi Izzy,

There is no one answer to this question, as every person heals a bit differently. In general implants take 1-3 months to descend. However, they can continue to drop further as the months and years go on. How low they go depends on your skin elasticity, weight gain or loss, and other factors.

Hope this helps,

best,

Michael

Michael Salzhauer, MD