2 weeks post op, my breast are very high up. How long do I need to wait until my implants drop? (photo)

Im a 2 weeks PO. My breasts are so high. This is not what I thought they would look like after surgery. I had transumbilical breast augmentation and 350 cc saline implants placed. Under my muscle. Is this normal? How long until they drop?

High riding breast implants two weeks after transumbilical breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  I agree your implants look very high however breast implants most always take six weeks to three months to settle after breast augmentation.

Hopefully yours will continue to drop and assume a much more normal position.  However you need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon who well no Hollow his pocket dissection was done.  If they do not drop a simple revision is possible.

High riding implans

Thank you for your breast augmentation question.

• High riding implants are always worrying
  • They will almost always settle down in a good position, as the muscle spasm relaxes.
  • It may take six weeks - or even longer and often one side settles first.
  • In fact your photo shows that one side already is lower than the other.
  • Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Implant drop

I would suggest you discuss this with your surgeon.  You certainly are very early in the healing pproces; however, your surgeon is the only one who knows the details of the pocket dissection and therefore where you can expect the implants to settle.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

2 weeks post op, my breast are very high up. How long do I need to wait until my implants drop?

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance looks typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

3-4 months

When implants are first inserted, they sit high up because your tissues are tight and gravity hasn't taken effect. Over time, natural tissue expansion occurs to allow the implants to fall into place. By this time, your breasts will have taken on a more natural contour, where the lower breasts become softer and rounder. Please wait at least four months for this to happen.This process tends to occur sooner in one breast than the other, so don't be alarmed if you find that your left drops before the right or vice versa.

6 months

It is normal for your breasts to go through changes over the months following breast augmentation. When done correctly, expect 3 to 6 months to see the final result. They look exactly the way they are supposed to look right now

Good Luck