Sun Exposure After Eyebrow Transplant?

How Long Must I Keep my Face out out of the Sun After an Eyebrow Transplant?

Eyebrow Transplant Instructions

+1

Immediately after transplant it is better to limit sun exposure altogether for the first couple of weeks.  However, I recommend to be especially good with sunscreen for the entire year following any surgical procedure.

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait 2 to 3 weeks at least before sun exposure.

+1

I don't know of specific studies regarding this, but intuitively I would recommend nurturing the skin as much as possible.Whether you have eyebrow or scalp hair transplant, you will have tiny crusts for the first several days. It would be good to avoid sun exposure while they are still there.

After that, a good sunscreen and avoidance of excess sun exposure is good practice for everyone - not only for the new hairs, but also to help keep the skin from premature aging, and developing skin cancers.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sunscreen After Eyebrow Transplant

+1

Try to avoid direct sunlight or wear a brimmed hat (one that does not rub against or come into contact with your eyebrows) to protect your eyebrows from sun exposure for one to two weeks post-surgery. This is around the time you will notice the scabs coming off/healing. From that point on, gently apply an SPF 30 sunscreen whenever in prolonged or extreme sunlight, for up to 10 months post-surgery.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Sun Exposure After Eyebrow Transplant

+1

There is really no standardized answer to this, but we usually recommend staying out of the sun until the "scabs" from the transplant are healed. Following that, and until the hair is strong and growing, we recommend sunscreen to protect the area.  However, we recommend using sunscreen daily to protect your skin, so you should be applying SPF protection to the face daily anyway.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sun protection after eyebrow transplant.

+1

There is no "correct" answer to this, but in our practice we'd recommend being careful in the sun until the crusts from the transplant are gone/healed.  After that, and until the hair is growing in, we'd recommend sunscreen if out in the sun significantly.

Daniel Berg, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon