How Long Do I Keep my Compression Bandage on After Fluid Removal from Breasts?

above muscle implants removed with total capulestomy on April 23 rd .No drains used. started accumulating fluid after surgery.PS said to wait and see If my body would absorb it. It didn't. yesterday 3 weeks post op and he drained quite a bit of fluid. My breasts were hard and painful before the drainage. color of fluid was definitely not clear. It looked like dark chocolate. wrapped pretty tightly in compression bandage How long do I keep the compression bandage on to preven fluid buildup?

Compression Bandage on Breasts after Removal of Breast Implants?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after removal of breast implants. Your plastic surgeon will provide you with specific instructions/guidance during your postoperative visits.  Recommendations from surgeons who do not know you would be inappropriate.

Compression bandage after breast fluid removal

+1

This is a question that is best addressed by your plastic surgeon.  It is important to adhere to his or her recommendations as you go through this process, as only your surgeon knows the details of your treatment and physical examination.

Michelle Spring, MD