How Long Will my Breast Implants Be Uncomfortable?

I'm on day 12 counting my surgery day and I'm still having very uncomfortable pain!!! I can only lay on my side for about ten minutes, I can't drive or dress myself without pain and they are constantly uncomfortable.. When can I expect to be able to hug, cuddle, lay on my side and just do daily activities without being in pain?? Also when can I start pectoral excerises??

Pain after breast surgery

+1

Its unfortunate that you are having pain after surgery. With certain techniques, pain can be minimal to nonexistant in most patients. Unfortunately, these techniques are not widely known or used among plastic surgeons. Patients  are so used to hearing from their friends about how much they suffered that they think this is the only way. The best person to answer your question is your surgeon who knows what the typical course is for his patients. Patients should be sure to ask their surgeons what they should expect after surgery. Its certainly possible that this is not typical for your surgeon's patients and for an unknown reason, you are having more pain that usual.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Breast Implants at Day 12

+1

Pain at day 12 is not unusual, and pain will be affected by size or implant, size of individual, anatomic constraints, and individual pain tolerance.  I would not start pectoral exercises for at least 6 weeks.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast implant pain after surgery

+1

Every patient responds to breast augmentation differently. Many factors go into it including size, anatomy, surgical technique to name a few.

Uncomfortable after breast augmentation

+1

As we just answered elsewhere, recovery is relative to the surgeons technique, the implant size, and the chest muscle and skin envelope. If your implant is quite large for your frame it might take several weeks for the implant to settle in as the breast envelope relaxes. Ask your surgeon what his experience is in his practice.

+1

I think this question is best addressed to your surgeon, who knows you,knows what was done, and has followed your progress through recovery. Most patients by 12 days are doing well, so having your surgeon look for any possible problems is in order. 

Thanks, all the best .