How Long Would It Take to Move One Tooth?

I started with Invisalign braces, uppers are now perfect but today my ortho put metal braces on lower teeth to move this one tooth. It needs a minor correction as it overlaps the tooth next to it. He put it on the other teeth to help anchor it. About how long it would take for the tooth to be moved in the right position, all it needs to do is be rotated a bit and then pushed back a bit. I see my ortho in a month from now! How long do you think this adjustment will take? Can't wait to be done!

It Depends on the Type of Tooth Movement

+1

The time it takes to move one tooth depends on what kind of movement you need. 

If the movement is a simple rotation it can take as little as 1-3 months; however, if the movement is something more complicated like moving a tooth root through bone it will take a lot longer.

Fortunately, it sounds like you should be done very soon.

Allentown Orthodontist

Time to move one tooth

+1

From your description it sounds like it should only take a few months to accomplish the tooth movement.  Of course it all depends on just how far the tooth needs to be moved.  Figure about a millimeter to a millimeter and a half per month for a very rough idea of how long it will take.  Hang in there .... you're almost done!!

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist