6 Days Since Juvederm For Clown Lines. How Long Will I Take to Heal?

Its been 6 days since my juvederm for the clown lines. Bruises almost gone.the nurse injected under my lips bc she said I lost volume. I still look like i have food in my mouth.I been puting ice to that area and still I have that look of a full mouth. And I started having a cold sore in my lower lip!! Still the will help??? How long how more I have to wait lo look normal.I Look that my chin is out and a full mouth.

Perioral injection of Juvederm - swelling/bruising normal

+1

If the swelling is severe, I recommend follow up with the Dr. But most swelling is decreased by 2 weeks. Bruising can take 2 -4+ weeks at worst. Best of luck

Swelling/bruising 6 days after injections

+1

I would give a full 2 weeks after injections. If you are still unhappy at that point, you can dissolve the product with hyaluronidase. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Six days after treatment with Juvederm, still having problems

+1

Certainly, it is not u nheard of to have swelling and bruising after Juvederm, although I honestly don't see it that commonly when treating the clown lines.  I do think you should seek your doctor's advice for the treatment of your cold sores.  The other problems will likely resolve without treatment in the near future.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial filler related tissue swelling and bruising

+1

As the other 2 doctors stated, now that a bruise has established, it may take up to 2 weeks for this to resolve. In the future, take something like bromelain or a product called Bruisefighter to reduce the amount of bruising and accelerate the absorption of a bruise. Bromelain is a natural enzyme that is found in the stem of pineapples and is used by cosmetic plastic surgeons ..

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Juvederm for lines

+1

It can take about 2 weeks for any bruising and swelling to fade.  If you are not happy with your results, please see your injector again.  You should see your doctor for treatment of your cold sores and start taking antiviral pills 2 days before any future treatments around your mouth to prevent a recurrence of your cold sores.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Facial Fillers like Juvaderm, Restylane and Perlane can take up to 2 weeks for final results

+1

I tell my patients that it can take up to 2 weeks for the swelling and bruising to resolve after facial fillers such that the final results are apparent.  If you are unhappy with your results after your swelling and bruising have subsided, it is possible to dissolve some of the filler with hyaluronidase.  The good and bad part about these fillers is that they are not permanent. 

I would caution, however, that it is generally the case in my experience that you get what you pay for with Botox and Facial Fillers.  It will certainly be more costly to have a well-trained MD perform your injections, but you may find that this additional cost is worth it for their experience and expertise.  Filler and Botox injections appear quite easy to administer, but there is certainly an art to it.

Dara Liotta, MD