I'm a 52 year old male. How long does a Mini Lift last?

Im a 52yo male with moderate jowling and NB lines will a mini lift take care of these problems and is this lift the same as a so called life style lift? Also, where are the incisions made on a mini lift?

Mini-lift

+1
Your question is a good one, but fairly complex to answer. A "mini-lift" may mean many different things depending on the surgeon you visit. To me a mini-lift is a type of facelift using shorter incisions, less undermining and less aggressive work on the SMAS layer. It is ideally used in the younger population, age 45-55. It reverses 5-10 years of aging and is relatively permanent. You will continue to age, but will always look 5-10 years younger than had you done nothing. Go to the link for a discussion of named or trademarked lifts. 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minilift longevity

+1
Depending on the technique used a "mini lift" can mean many different things and can last many years if a reliable technique is chosen.  However, for most men in your age category, because of significant neck aging, a more comprehensive lift such as a high smas facelift is necessary for the best long term and natural appearing improvement.  I would recommend consultation with a surgeon who focuses a significant percentage of his or her practice with aging face surgery.  Good luck.

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does a "mini" #facelift last?

+1
A "mini" facelift, in a properly selected patient, will create lifelong improvement. The more important question is whether you are an appropriate candidate. In my experience very few 52 year old men will be adequately treated with a minilift. This is typically an operation for someone with no aging in the neck and very early jowl formation. In all other patients, mini lifts create mini results. I'd recommend scheduling a consultation during which you should receive very specific advice about your options and which approach will work best for you.

Regarding LSL, this is a company as opposed to a procedure or new technology. The surgeon who performs your procedure will choose the lift that you receive. Given that the procedures are performed with oral sedation in office, they tend to be less invasive than a traditional facelift. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm a 52 year old male. How long does a Mini Lift last

+1
I tell my patients that any type of lift will back you up 7-12 years (depending on the facelift).  You will continue to age from that appearance forward.  

+1
A good facelift (note the qualifier) lasts forever in that you will always look more youthful than if you had never had the surgery, but of course you will continue to age.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mini lift or full facelift.

+1
Both of these operations will last forever. However a full facelift will give you a better result especially in your neck. If a mini lift is done it will probably not address as well your jowls and the other issues you mentioned. A mini list gives a mini results. Seea very experienced facelift surgeon for the best result.