How Long Does Massage Therapist Need After Breast Implant Before Allow Go Back to Work?

I am Shauna, 49 years, height 5'7", weight 118lbs, I want to know how long do I need t take off from work for breast augmentation ? Thank you.

Time off Work for Massage Therapist

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for recovery. Typically, patients can return to light activity after 5 to 7 days. More strenuous activity may take 3 to 6 weeks. Consult with your board certified surgeon as he or she will understand the scope of the surgery and the specifics of you.

+1

I would defer to your plastic surgeon  when it comes to your return to work status. Given that he will no exactly what type of physical exertion is involved with your occupation and how you are doing postoperatively, he will be able to give you much better advice than online consultants.  Best wishes.

Breast Surgery

+1
I would suggest two weeks to be sure, if you had your implant above the muscle you could probably get away with it in a week if it had to be but you would for sure be very sore

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Return to massage therapy after a breast augmentation

+1

The only activities I would restrict a patient to after a breast augmentation would be not to lift greater than 20 pounds and avoid activities where the breasts bounce up and down for 6 weeks. Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

Time back to work after aug.

+1

I would advise you to take 2 weeks off at a minimum.  You will likely have submuscular implants, and the time it will take for you to feel comfortable doing massage can be variable.  When you do return, start with a light schedule.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Time Off for Breast Augmentation

+1

You are quite slender and the surgeon will almost certainly want to put the implants under the pectoralis muscles. That takes a little more time before you are comfortable. For my patients that are massage therapists I tell them to count on at least 2 weeks off and it could be 3-4 weeks total before they are comfortable. It depends to some extent on how hard you use the pectoral muscles in the massage techniques you perform. When you do go back to work, limit the number of clients you see for the first few days to make sure you can handle the discomfort.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD