Long Lump Next to Nasolabial Fold After Restylane Injection and Lines Still a Little Visible

I am 24 years old from France, had restylane injections in the nasolabial folds 1week ago. I don't know what to think about the result... My doc had told me that at my age it was possible to make the fold disappear completely. After a week, there is an improvement but both the lines are still visible (much less than before) and, the biggest problem is there is some kind of long lump on one side, following the line but not on it, about 1 milimeter wide... will it go away? should i massage it?

Gentle Message and Wait

+3

Gentle message can help smooth the lump out to an extent. The main thing is to wait and see if some of the lumpiness is from swelling or bleeding. After three weeks, if the lump is still apparent, you should return to your physician for further possible treatment. At that time, the Restylane may be expressed following puncture with a scalpel blade. 

You might also receive hyaluronidase injections. This is an enzyme which will dissolve the hyaluronic acid containing Restylane. It is always best to test the product first, since some people will have an allergic reaction.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Lumpy filler in the face? There's a fix for that.

+3

It sounds like your Restylane was injected a little too close to the surface in that one area, leaving you with visible product.  I would tell my patients to massage, but I'm not sure it would make a huge difference a week after the procedure was done.  Contact your surgeon and ask her opinion.  The good news is that, if the lump doesn't resolve, it can be injected with hyaluronidase to dissolve the Restylane.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Lumpy bumpy restylane

+3

It is difficult to tell if this is a localized deposit of restylane or a small hematoma. IT sounds as if it is the former. I would first discuss this with your physician and if OK, consider massage. If not resolved within 6 weeks, you could consider off label use of hyaluronidase to dissipate an undesireable depot of the hyaluronic acid.

Lump with fillers

+2

First,  filling in the nasolabial folds will fill the fold but not completely eradicate it. Besides, a fold is natural and shouel remain.  As for the lines, it may be filler and you may want to massage it .

Lump after Restylene

+2

I would surely massage the area since you are only a week after the injection.To totally eliminate the nasolabial line is difficult since it is a dynamic line created by muscular contraction so lessening the line is my goal.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Restylane or juvederm as filler in smile crease

+2
The smile crease can improve but rarely disappears completely but can improve. Filler such as restylane and juvederm can squeeze out to the side of the line or the filler might be inserted purposely to the side of the crease to help lift the crease. Massage can definitely help but if not then hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve the filler.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lump Following Restylane Ingection

+1

The most common cause of a lump following an injection to diminish facial lines is an injection placed to superficial. This may improve with massage.  If this is not successful an injection with an enzyme called hyaluronidase can dissolve the lump. If you are concerned I would discuss this with your treating physician.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon