How Long Should I "Log Roll" Following TT?

I'd just like some extra opinions on how long I should "log roll" out of bed following a TT. I am 18 days PO, and aside from a wound from fleur de lis and some new swelling above my BB, I'd say I've been very impressed by the results. I'm just scared of ruining my Dr. hard work, and my results, with an interruption in muscle repair. I am already very careful not to pull myself up from a seated position, I'm really relying on my leg strength and my arms to stabilize me. Thanks for your thoughts!

It will take a lot to ruin the results

+2

Thank you for the question.  It sounds like you are doing a great job of allowing your body to heal and have a vested interest in achieving the best results possible.  The best advice that I could provide is to be as careful as you seem to want to be without unduly making yourself miserable with position or movement.  I would slowly start to get back to a normal routine of getting in and out of bed as this should be well tolerated by your body.

Dr Remus Repta

Tummy Tuck Recovery - Log Roll

+2

In general, you should not stress muscle repair for about a month after tummy tucks. This includes any lifting more than 10 pounds. This advice is similar to hernia repairs and other muscle repair operations. Log rolling is done to avoid straining your muscles and possibly hurting the muscles. I would follow the advise of your doctor but my recommendation is for one month.

It sounds like you are being an excellent patient.

Good luck!

Dr Saunders 

Christopher Saunders, MD
West Chester Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is no exact answer that is universal to patients and surgeons, so best bet is to direct this question to your surgeon.

By six weeks the healing wounds will have reached 90% of the strength that they will attain, and by that time resumption of full activities is usually permitted by most surgeons.