How Long Does It Take for a Lipoma to Grow?

I have a intramuscle deltoid lipoma. I changed insurance companies 8 months ago and they will only cover my surgery costs if I can prove it was not pre-existing. Can you tell me how long it takes for a lipoma to develop.

Lipoma

+1

i would have it performed in office setting.  no preauthorization required and if they dont cover it it wont run you as much.

as far a preexisting it probably was there but you just werent able to notice it.

how do you know it is a lipoma, it could be a liposarcoma or a hemangioma.  only a pathologist can tell with 100% certainty what it is.

if it wasnt notice before then it shouldnt be preexisting. But thats another whole debate.

Ashburn General Surgeon