How Long Should I Limit Activity After Having a Brazilian Butt Lift?

What types of exercises are allowed?

+1

In general the process of revascularization takes 2-6 weeks to be achieved, therefore, it is a good idea to have as littlecompression of the buttocks during this period within reason. The first two weeks are the most critical. I would refrain for a lot of exercise for six weeks.

Resuming activity after a Brazilian butt lift

+1

There is a period of two weeks of no sitting after the Brazilian butt lift and you should limit your activity as much as possible. After this, you can start exercising slowly. Remember that, if you lose weight, the fat in your buttocks will shrink and you will lose some of the projection, which means that your butt will be smaller. Because the Brazilian butt lift is a total body transformation, your proportions will still be the same, your butt will look bigger, and your hip to waist ratio will be within the 0.7 ratio that defines female sexiness.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian butt lift and postop exercise

+1

In my patients I'll ask them to keep pressure off of the buttocks for 10 days. That means minimal sitting and sleeping on the stomach for that 10 days. the transferred that is weakest in the 1st few days after transfer. Once the injected fat cells begin to get a blood supply they will live and be durable like other fat cells in the body.

I tell my patients to have no exercise for 2 weeks. At 2 weeks they can begin to walk and jog. At 4 to 6 weeks patients may resume heavy exercise.

The patient's who are diligent about not sitting after surgery have the best results from the fat injection.

Wendell Perry, MD

Recovery Restrictions after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

As there is a great variability among surgeons with regard to postoperative activity and restrictions, this is a question that is only appropriate for your surgeon to answer.

Think of it this way- you are trusting him to operate on you, and will (at least partially) hold him responsible for your outcome... It's not fair to them for you to be asking us on this site about your recovery recommendations.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS