How Long Will my Lift with No Implants Last?

I have a D cup and I'm wondering how long will the lift (with no implants) last with no sagging? I understand they might sag again after pregnancy.

Lift and longevity

+1

No one can predict hoe long the lift will last for you. But, assume that overtime they will sag again. COnditions that affect this are weight fluctuations., skin laxity/quality, breast size, and overall genetics.

How long will a breast lift last?

+1

The purpose of any plastic surgery procedure reversing the effect of gravity and time is to set the clock back and provide you with a more rejuvenated look. Just as answering the question of how long any breast will take to sag it is hard to say how long a lift is good for. It depends on the volume of the breast, skin elasticity, application of bra, etc. I hope this answers your question.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

How long will by breast lift last?

+1

The answers provided by the previous surgeons are right on. Time is not our friend. In general smaller breasts with less volume will have a longer lasting result than bigger breasts after a lift. Pregnancy and weight fluctuations are the main cause of changes to a patients breasts. 

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of breast lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question.   It shows that you have an understanding that most good things in life, including breast lifting don't last forever.  How long the breasts remain in good position depends on the quality of  your skin elasticity,  weight gain or loss,  pregnancies, and genetics etc. I tell all my patients `time and gravity are not our friends”.

How long will a breast lift last

+1

This depends on a variety of factors such as your age, breast tissue, skin quality, previous pregnancy and overall breast size. The smaller you end up going with your lift (cup size) the lighter the breast will be and therefore less likelihood of future sagging. In general a breast lift, if done properly, should last well over a decade. Remember that you are always fighting the effects of aging and gravity which will affect any type of breast surgery. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine which type of breast lift (mastopexy) is best for you.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD