How Long Will a Lower Lid Pinch and Peel Last?

Longevity of lower eyelid surgery

+1

Lower eyelid surgery tends to last approximately 10 to 15 years before needing to have them redone again. There are many factors that influence the longevity of results such as genetics, aging, smoking, and skin type.

Pinch and peel of the lower lids.

+1

The short answer is that a skin pinch and peel lasts "forever." But by that I mean that the clock has merely been turned back--it does not stop ticking. It doesn't tick any faster, though, so if a patient gets 5 to 7 years (or more) of improvement in the apparent age of his/her eyelids, then in about 5 to 7 years they'll look about like they did at the time of the procedure.

Hope this helps,

--DCP

P.S. I'm talking a "real" peel here...something along the likes of a Jessners plus TCA or similar.

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid pinch and peel longevity

+1

Everyone heals differently and has different quality soft tissues,  It is hard to predict the longevity of either procedure.