How Long Do I Need to Leave on Test Patch Before Doing a Jessner Peel. And Where Should I Apply This Test Patch?

Test Patch for Jessner

+2

The test patch should be applied behind the ear, jaw line, or forearm. A reaction may occur immediately following application up to 48 hours. After 2 days, it will be safe for you to have the peel.

Jessner Peel Test Patch

+1

Thank you for your question. I wouldn't recommend doing a Jessner peel patch test on your own unless you're licensed to do it. When doing a test patch, usually you want to apply in an area where it's hidden like behind the ear just in case there's any reaction and to wait for 48-72 hours. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist