How Long Does Latisse Need to Stay on Your Eyelids Before You Can Wash It Off?

I have contact dermatitis and am allergic to Balsam of Peru and cocamidemea. Neither allergen is in Latisse, but the less time I keep it on my lids the better. Therefore, how long does it have to be on your lids to be effective.

Don't Wash It Off-Latisse was Designed to Absorb Into the Skin Overnight

+1

Dear Rye,

Latisse was designed to be applied at night (when your skin is clean and makeup free) so that it can absorbed into the skin at the base of the upper lash line; you're not supposed to wash it off. Just apply Latisse as directed and gently blot away any excess product. In the morning you may wash your face and apply cosmetics as you usually would.  If you begin to experience any sensitivity with Latisse, simply discontinue using it.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Length of Time of Latisse to Eyelid

+1

Dear Rye Brook

The studies submitted to the FDA involved apply Latisse at bedtime to your eyelid and performing one's daily routine in the A.M.  Thus, overnight application proved increase length and number between 4 and 16 weeks after continued nightly use.  I do not have information on the least amount of time to apply to your eyelid to work.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist

Application of Latisse

+1

To get the full benefit of Latisse you should apply a very small quantity, as per the manufacturer's instructions, to the base of the eyelashes at bedtime and leave it on overnight without washing the area. If your eyelid skin is so sensitive that it causes irritation, you may not be able to use Latisse. I would recommend against trying to wash it off sooner.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Use of Latisse to Lengthen Eyelashes

+1

Regarding: "How Long Does Latisse Need to Stay on Your Eyelids Before You Can Wash It Off?
I have contact dermatitis and am allergic to Balsam of Peru and cocamidemea. Neither allergen is in Latisse, but the less time I keep it on my lids the better. Therefore, how long does it have to be on your lids to be effective
."

The manufacturer's recommendation is a slight application to the junction of the upper lashes and eyelid skin at bedtime to be used overnight. I am not aware of any efficiency studies with less duration of contact. If you are concerned about skin allergies you can apply a drop to an area of skin, cover it with a band-aid and check it a day later.That should tell you what you need to know without shortchanging yourself of the effect of Latisse.

Dr. Peter Aldea