How to get long lasting tan?

When I was younger I could tan real easily and would stay tan for a long time but now it seems that I can't get tanned anymore except for on my arms and face but those don't stay tanned for long. Plus they are very light tans but the rest of me stays white and won't even get color on them anymore.

Why get a tan in the first place?

+1

Exposure to ultraviolet light either from the sun or from indoor tanning equipment damages the skin and increases the risk of skin cancer significantly.

80% of all visible aging changes in the skin are due to sun damage. 

My suggestion is use self-tanning lotions for the "tan" look and a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect your skin from wrinkling and from skin cancer.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon