How Long Will It Take to Laser Remove a 1/2"x4" All Black Tattoo on my Inner Bicep? (photo)

I just got a tattoo 2 days ago and it just isn't for me. I had thought about it for years but when I saw it on me I didn't like it and it's really altering my personality and making me really depressed. It's an all black tattoo of my birthday in roman numerals. It's 1/2"x4" and on my inner bicep. I am a white male and my skin is pretty pale there. How long based on my description should it take to remove?

+1

That has to be determined at the doctor's office. There's a scale that we use to make an estimate on the number of sessions required to remove the tattoo. Ask your doctor for the Kirby-Desai scale, it's a must on practices which offer Q-switched laser tattoo removal. Factors like skin color, ink color(s), layering, body location of the tattoo and scarring will determine more precisely the number of sessions that you'll need.

Mexico Dermatologist

How Many Treatments for Tattoo Removal

+1

Hi Shallow.  The work looks good and if the ink has a "shine" to it, the process is longer.  If it were a standard ink, we would probably estimate in the 6-9 range.  With a shiny ink, it's more difficult to remove because it is higher quality.  For that type of ink we would probably estimate in the 8-12 range.  We offer treatments 6-8 weeks apart. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD