How Long Will Juverderm Last to Pump Up Cheek Volume?

I am 51 years old and i am thinking ofg etting jurvderm in the cheek area to pump up volume how long will it last. i was told it would last a year.

Jeuvederm for cheek volume

+2

The length of time that Jeuvederm lasts depends on a number of factors such as location it is placed, the technique, type of Jeuvederm (e.g. Jeuvederm vs Jeuvederm Plus vs Jeuvederm Ultra) and other factors such as underlying medical conditions. For example when placed in muscle for lip augmentation (an off label FDA usage) it does not last as long perhaps 6-8 months. In the cheeks and lower eyelids it usually lasts for 6-12 months

Cheek filling: stick with HA or fat, avoid semipermanent and permanent off the shelf fillers!

+2

I commonly use Juvederm Ultra plus to balance the face and cheek area.  While I have no doubt that significant volume is present well over a year,  My patients tend to come back earlier.  This is not because the juvederm goes awway, rather it is because they love the way they look and want to get closer to full correction which can get very expensive with increased number of syringes of Juvederm.  This is one of the many reasons that my patients commonly opt for fat transfer after trying Juvederem 1-2 times.  With fat transfer I can achieve full correction without exorbinant cost.  I would strongly advise you to stay far away from off the shelf fillers such as Radiesse and Sculptura as long term complication and advancing facial aging may result.  Stick with HA fillers or autologous fat!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Juvederm to pump up cheek volume

+1

Juvederm injected in the cheeks and lower eyelid region can last a year or even more.    I have seen many patients I have injected with juvederm  to help refresh the lower eyeliids and cheeks with some amount of correction for 2 years or more.  Of course, the duration of effect varies from person to person.     From looking at your pictures, it seems a critical area for correction is your infraorbital hollows and tear trough region in addition to your cheeks.   Injection in this area can be extremely gratifying but is advanced technique that requires artistry, a fine touch, and years of experience with periorbital injections.   Seek out a qualified physician who does this often.    A longer lasting option for your cheeks and lower eyelids is microfat transfer. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juverderm for Cheek Plumping

+1

Thanks for the question.

Juvederm is viable option in terms of injectable fillers for cheek volumization. Juvederm Ultra Plus should give you results lasting as long as a year.  Alternatives to Juvederm would include Radiesse, Sculptra, as well as fat transfer. Make sure your chosen professional is qualified and has vast experience with the chosen injectable filler.

Warmest Regards, 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Up to 1 year for Juvederm UP

+1

I would suggest you go with Juvederm Ultra Plus, which should last a little longer than Juvederm Ultra. Depending on the overall volume and degree of correction, results should last 9 to 12 months.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek plumping with Juvederm or Sculptra is effective

+1

Juvederm in the cheeks typically lasts and year and looks great!  I do present an alternative option to my patients who have volume loss in the cheek area.  Sculptra Aesthetic can last as long a 3 years although usually 3 or 4 treatments are needed over several months, initially.  If longevity is what you are after, consider Sculpra Aesthetic.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation best with Radiesse, Sculptra or Fat

+1

While Juvederm can certainly be used for cheek augmentation, I have found that even Juvederm ultra plus is often too "soft" of a product to give most patients the lift and augmentation they want.  Certainly every patient is different and I will occasionally use Juvederm in the cheek.  Most of the time, though, I like Radiesse for cheek augmentation-- less product is needed to give the same result as Juvederm and it lasts longer.  Also, it is more of a stimulatory filler-- meaning over time, it create more collagen.  Other fillers to consider includes Sculptra and even fat injection.  These filers in general will give you better and longer lasting results than Juvederm.

Hope that helps!!

-Dr. Mann

Margaret Mann, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvedermor restylane or radiesse or fat injections or Sculptra ti fill chheks

+1
An examination can help determine which is the best fuiller for you. Typically Juvederm ultaplus is more effective than. Juvederm ulta but both ar not as effective volumizers as Fat Injections, Radiesse or Sculptra. Juvederm might last a year.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm for improving cheek volume.

+1

Juvederm is a very good filler for volumizing the cheek area. It is reasonable to expect  Juvederm to last at least 9-12 months depending on your clinician's injection  strategy. Some patients have found results lasting up to 18 months.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Juvederm

+1

The useof Juvederm plus will last longer. In the cheeck make sure your surgeon is an expert in injecting fillers. The location of the filler is very important in the cheeck, and requires great expertise.