How Long Does Juvederm Ultra Plus Last in Lips - Wid/vitrase Not an Option

i had perlane in the contour and body of my lips 2 yrs ago. about 90% of it dissolved by 1 year, but by 1.5 yrs some perlane remained in the contour and my lips retained that shape, which was fine because it looked good. I just had 1 vial of Juved ultra plus injected into my lips( mostly contour), and she stretched out and changed the shape of my lips - NOT a good look. Will the filler completely dissolve or will my lips retain this shape? i can handle it for a yr but dont want to live with it.

How long Juvederm lasts in lips

+2

Juvederm Ultra lasts about 5-6 months in the lips. Juvederm Ultra Plus lasts a little longer.

If the shape of your lips has changed to the point where you don't like them, a few careful injections of Hyaluronidase (small amounts at a time) may help..  Large amounts may not be a good idea.

If you can live with the "new" shape of your lips, the natural shape will return in  probably 6 months.

Chicago Dermatologist

Juvedermâ„¢ in lips lasts approximately 6 months to 1 year

+1

It's unfortunate to hear that you were not happy with the outcome of your recent injection.  Technique of the injector has a lot to do with the result, but not so much the product choice. It may last up to a year if you do nothing about it but there is another injectable product called Hyaluronidase that can basically dissolve any unwanted filler. 

Manish Khanna, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Expected Duration: Juvederm Ultra Plus

+1

Juvederm Ultra Plus is FDA approved to last up to 1 year.  I typically tell my  patients they can reasonably expect it to last 6 to 9 months in the lips because of all the smiling, eating, talking, kissing...etc.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

How long will Juvederm last in the lips?

+1

While most studies will show that hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane will last for 6 to 12 months, my experience after injecting lips for over 25 years is that the results can frequently last significantly longer. It is not at all unusual for many of my patients to continue to see the improvement from lip augmentation lasting for many years. For this reason you may want to consider hyaluronidase injections rather than wait for things to resolve if you really don't like your results. Please remember, your results will always depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultraplus in the lips

+1

Juvederm Ultraplus will usually last 6-8 months in the lips, but you may see a noticeable decrease in the product after 4-5 months.  If you do not like the way it looks, you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase injections.  Of course that would also get rid of whatever perlane was still present.

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm ultra plus lasts about 1 year.

+1

Your Juvederm ultra plus should be gone within 1 year, maybe sooner. In other locations, such as deep in the malar cheek areas, it is supposed to last up to 1 year as these areas are fairly immobile and don't get the wear and tear that the lips undergo with normal living.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm will be gone in mos

+1

I doubt that you will have any juvederm left after several months, if that long. You should then get your lips back to normal and can start again.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

How long does Juvederm last in the lips?

+1

Usually Juvederm effects only lasts about 4-6 months in the lips, where there is a lot of muscle activity and movement every day.  By one year, it should be gone!

Michelle Spring, MD

Juvederm in Lips

+1

On average HA fillers, such as Juvederm, remain in the lip for 4-5 months according to the literature. Sometimes you may get longer lasting results, but within a year your lips should return to the pre-injection state.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon