How Long Does Juvederm Smile Last in the Lips?

There are different types of juvederm such as juvederm ultra 3 and juvederm ultra smile. How long does each of these fillers last in the lips. I think ideally they say it can last up to a year or 18 months but I'm not sure if they talking about the lip specially as I hear the product dissolves quicker around the mouth. So from experience of your patients or whatever how long have you found each of these juvederm to last in the lip. does it make a difference which juvederm you choose?

Juvederm in the lips

+2

In the United States two forms of the dermal filler Juvederm are available.  They are Juvederm Ultra for more superficial lines, and Juvederm Ultra Plus for deeper folds.  Both types also come in a "XC" variety where the local anesthestic lidocaine has been added to them.  I typically prefer to use Juvederm Ultra Plus XC in the lips, and it usually lasts around six months.  There are some studies that reported a longer duration of effect for Juvederm, but usually these papers are referring to patients who were treated in the nasolabial fold region, not the lips.  Dermal fillers just don't tend to last as long in the lips because of the frequent movements.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in lips lasts about 6-8 months

+2

Although those are different types of Juvederm names than we have in the US (we have Ultra and Ultra Plus), studies show that Juvederm typically lasts 6-8 months in the lips. When they give longer durations like that, it refers to a secondary treatment usually done about 4 months out. By "stacking" the filler, this gives it a longer lifespan; thus, the filler should last 12-18 months for all of the filler to dissolve and for you to return to your pre-treatment look.

+1

Juvederm will last about 6 months in the lips and not sure those versions, of Juvederm, is available in the US.  Thicker fillers tend to cause more lumpiness, when injected into the lips, as these are meant to be injected into fatty tissue layers which the lips do not have.  For more permanent lip augmentation, I've used Alloderm Lip Implants for over 15 years.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Juvederm in Lips...

+1

Unfortunately, I have never heard of Juvederm Ultra 3 or Juvederm ultra smile here in America.  Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus however, last on average 6 to 9 months, in my experience, in the lips.

Good luck. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

Longevity of HA fillers such as Juvederm

+1

Juvederm results and duration of action are very variable depending on technique and patient to patient.  I use almost exclusively Juvederm Ultra Plus XC.  I have seen patients come in for a touch up at anywhere from 10-20 months with a signifcant amount left.  In reality it has a lot to do with patient expectations but most people are happy for around a year.  Most of my patients convert to micro fat grafting after 1-2 treatments with juvederm in order to achieve a permanent result.

Rian Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://rianmaercksmd.com

Depends on several factors

+1

I'm not familiar with Juvederm "smile" - is this a marketing tag?  There are different variations of Juvederm - Ultra is "thinner" and will not last as long as the more "robust" Juvederm Ultra Plus.  The Ultra plus is a bit firmer feel when injected into the lips, but still quite natural.  The more you "use" your mouth, the sooner the Juvederm will go away.  If you're an exercise fanatic, the free radicals that are created also will dissolve the Juvederm quicker.  Hope this helps!

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm ultra and Ultra Plus

+1

I have not heard of Juvederm Ultra Smile in The USA.

They usually last between 4 to 9 months in the lips!

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/fillers.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon