How Long Should I Have Jaw Pain and What Should I Do About It?

Earlier this mouth I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed. Everthing went well. I went to follow ups with the Dr. A couple of days ago, I was eating and experienced a pop in my mouth.I couldnt open my mouth wide so I went directly to the DR. The Dr said it looked like I was having a Muscle spasm. However, now I am getting concerned. There is a knot under my jaw and it is very painful. How long should i be in pain? What do I need to do to have this pain go way?

Jaw pain

+1

It sounds you are just going thru having you mouth opened wide for the extractions. Try and rest your bite and dont chew or open widely. with time you mucsles will relax

Chesterfield Orthodontist