Is It Possible to Narrow my Nose Tip with Closed Rhinoplasty? (photos)

One side is asymmetric from a hit.

Narrow nasal tip with closed rhinoplasty

+1
Yes, the tip of the nose can be narrowed with closed rhinoplasty. The entire nose can be modified via a closed rhinoplasty. More important than the approach to the nose (open or closed) is the specific changes done to the bone and cartilage by the plastic surgeon. If you haven't already, then speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
For surgeons experienced in closed rhinoplasty procedures, this should be achievable.  Open rhinoplasty helps expose the nasal tip without surrounding soft tissue attachments causing irregularities and in this respect it may be easier to correct with this approach. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing Nasal Tip Using Closed Technique

+1
The tip can be narrowed and the asymmetry corrected using the closed technique. I am assuming that this is not a revision with complicating problems.

Is It Possible to Narrow my Nose Tip with Closed Rhinoplasty?

+1
Excellent cosmetic results can be achieved with both techniques. There is not a best way to perform the procedure. Individual surgeons have their own preferences of how to produce the best results in their hands. What is more important than whether a closed or open approach is utilized is the experience and artistry of the plastic surgeon and your comfort level and confidence in that individual.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Yes, It possible to correct tip with Close rhinoplasty

+1
With tip rhinoplasty you can correct bulbous asymmetric tip and have a more refined nose that is natural in appearance. It can be accomplished by either on open or closed approach. Instead of focusing on Close VS Open Rhinoplasty you should give focuse on surgeon skill and results.

Milan Doshi, MBBS, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

+1
You can have a more refined nose that is natural in appearance. I perform these surgeries with closed technique to preserve the structure of the nose and minimize visible scarring.

Closed vs. open rhinoplasty techiques for tip

+1
A tip rhinoplasty can be accomplished by either on open or closed approach.  An examination would be necessary to understand your desires and anatomy.  

Natural closed rhinoplasty for bulbous asymmetric tip.

+1
Natural closed rhinoplasty for bulbous asymmetric tip is possible. You should see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for this as part of your asymmetry is shape difference not size difference.

Closed Rhinoplasty for narrowing a wide tip

+1
Yes, closed rhinoplasty techniques are used routinely to narrow a bulbous tip. To narrow a bulbous tip, suture techniques called intra-domal and inter-domal  are  applied to  the lower lateral cartilages of the tip. Sometimes, a conservative cartilage removal was also performed as well. For many examples of closed rhinoplasty, please see the link below